Truck drivers are some of the hardest working people around, so it’s no wonder that they need a reliable truck sat nav to get them to their destination on time.
You can help ensure your drivers arrive at their destinations on time with the best truck GPS systems and navigator.
With the right truck sat nav, truck drivers can find a way to avoid traffic jams, take into account delivery times, and find a way around low bridges.
They can avoid streets and roads that trucks are not allowed on and chart out a route that guarantees they arrive at the right place at the right time.
This is the reason why even though there are so many sat navs in the market, you can find the perfect navigation system to use on your HGV, camper van, or truck.
That’s why we’ve created this blog, to help you find the best GPS unit for your trucking business.
What is a Truck Sat Nav?
A truck sat nav is an advanced navigation system that is used to improve driver efficiency and make driving more enjoyable.
Truck sat navs work by configuring a selection of criteria such as the weight, length, height, and width of your truck, HGV, or campervan to chart the shortest and safest route to your destination.
These types of satellite navigation systems can be used to show a variety of information on large screens including the driver’s current location, traffic information, and a range of other destinations.
By using a truck GPS system, a driver can avoid getting lost and enjoy the scenery. This system also makes it easier for your fleet of drivers to know whether or not a destination is closed or not.
How is a Truck Sat Nav different from a normal Sat Nav?
Sat naves nowadays are much more than just GPS tools that help you navigate roads and find destinations. They even help you find your parked car and help you steer your car back if it’s been bumped by another vehicle.
But one type of GPS is even more helpful than the rest; the Truck Sat Nav, which incidentally is completely different from a normal GPS system.
First, it can be installed by the driver using a CD. This GPS system will show you the height and width of your vehicle, and advises you to avoid any roads and bridges that may be too low or narrow for your truck.
It’ll even show you which roads you can go down if you feel like taking a shortcut.
When is a Truck Sat Nav a good buy?
It’s a big advantage to know what to look for when you are looking to buy GPS systems. The practical way of going about it is to look at where you are going to be using it before looking at the different options.
If you are traveling long distances, you need something that will update quickly and strong battery life.
There are a lot of GPS systems out there, with different features, many of which you may not know how to use. Make sure you check the features thoroughly to make sure it has what you need.
GPS systems can be a great way to get from point A to B, but a lot of people decide to get a regular paper map and compass.
While this isn’t as easy, it may be a lot cheaper and more reliable. Also, a GPS service that you can access on your dash is better. Try to get a system without advertising.
A good rule of thumb is to always have paper maps in your car, in case of emergencies.
What can you do to save money on a Truck Sat Nav?
- Do some research and find out what features you need and don’t need
- Compare prices and find out if there are any offers
- Search for different sellers online and see if they have any offers
- Look around in physical stores and see if they have any offers
- Choose a seller online where you can have guaranteed delivery and have a good reputation
Top 3 Factors To Consider Before Buying A Truck Sat Nav
Sat naves will require regular map updates to stay up to date. It’s essential you choose units that let you download map updates down the road to ensure you’re always using the most accurate maps.
Bigger is better. It’s important you use a high-resolution display for easy viewing of maps, making it easy to see the turns and curves of the road ahead.
It’s essential you check the maps available on your GPS system before buying. Ensure there’s a range of maps available, from the UK to Europe and worldwide, so you can easily navigate your way around on your travels.
Top 6 Sat Nav For Trucks
DēzlLGV1000 10-Inch Truck Sat-Nav
Dēzlis a revolutionary truck GPS system built for professional drivers. It’s a must-have for all drivers who transport goods by road, and a great tool for those who want to take trucking to the next level.
Dēzl is a powerful GPS that works in heavy traffic, even when your mobile signal gets lost. It gives you turn-by-turn instructions with lane guidance and junction view. It also features the new intuitive touchscreen display and interface, so it’s more accurate than ever.
- Dēzl truck navigator offers up to five years of detailed map data
- Truck Parking Europe helps locate parking along your route
- Available for you wherever you go with the free Garmin Drive app
- Talk to me! Enjoy the convenience of a voice assistant and hands-free calling
- Extra-large 10-inch touchscreen can be mounted in landscape or portrait mode
- Time for a break? Truck Parking Europe data displays along your route
- Find local loading zones or storage lots with load-to-dock guidance
- Save time and fuel with up to five years of detailed truck routing
Garmin DezlCam 785 Truck Sat Nav
Garmin Dezl 785 shows you the fastest route to your destination with a Fuel Cost Calculator that lets you know how much money you’ll save with each fill-up.
This GPS system has IQ Routes technology to calculate the best route based on real-time traffic conditions.
It is integrated with an active speed camera database for up-to-date information on fixed, mobile, and average speed cameras. You can also share your location with friends or family for added safety.
- Garmin Dezl 785 shows you the fastest route to your destination and Fuel Cost Calculator lets you know how much money you’ll save with each fill-up
- This GPS system has IQ Routes technology to calculate the best route based on real-time traffic conditions
- It is integrated with an active speed camera database for up-to-date information on fixed, mobile, and average speed cameras. You can also share your location with friends or family for added safety
- Making online transactions quicker, accessible on all kinds of devices, and more secure
- Customized truck routing to avoid bridges, sharp curves, steep gradients, and more
- Customize your load size, weight, length, width, and hazardous materials for relevant truck-only routes
- Keep your dēzlCam™ 785 up to date with built-in Wi-Fi
- Get live traffic information to avoid delays with the Smartphone Link app for iPhone® or Android™ smartphones
- Receive alerts for upcoming hazards, such as sharp curves, steep gradients, weight limits, and more with its superfast processor
- Search for truck stops by your preferred amenities, such as showers, fuel stations, Wi-Fi, and wash
- Search for points of interest such as food, fuel, rest areas, showers, ATMs, and more
- View the smart notifications of your smartphone on your dēzlCam™ 785
- Send and receive messages and addresses, and track your route from beginning to end
TomTom Go Professional Truck Sat Nav
The TomTom Go Professional Truck Sat Nav is the only GPS system that offers you full European maps, free lifetime maps, and speed cameras.
Its lane guidance feature will display upcoming junctions so you know where to turn. Its IQ Routes technology calculates the fastest route based on real-time traffic information so your journey is as quick as possible.
The TomTom Go Professional is designed for commercial vehicle drivers and dispenses with many of the features like pedestrian navigation, which are of little use to them.
It offers a smart route planner which automatically calculates routes, factoring in available parking spaces, traffic congestion, and time of day.
- Revolutionary, cloud-based navigation system designed with TomTom’s wealth of knowledge and experience
- Customized routing for trucks, buses, and vans takes the guesswork out of driving, giving you a realistic arrival time
- Find the right route for your vehicle – value for money, as it saves time, and fuel and increases safety
- Up to one hour of battery life – keep going on the road with a charge as long as a full tank
- Built-in SIM lets you connect to TomTom Services, so you can always be on the road
- 3.5”, sunlight-readable display gives you a clear view of the road ahead
- Illuminated buttons and simple controls help you navigate more safely at night
- Dashcam is built right into the sat nav – the user has the ability to record video and see both the rear and front of the truck
- High-quality, high-resolution screen shows you the road ahead in great detail
- With a 4GB internal memory, you can download all the maps you need
- Included dash cam gives you smooth, stable footage of your journey
Garmin Dezl 580LMT-D Truck Sat Nav
Garmin Dezl 580LMT-D is designed to make your time on the road safer and more productive. It combines truck-specific mapping, navigation, communication, and driver awareness features into one complete solution.
This Garmin GPS system enables you to create your route before you set off, so you can avoid traffic and know exactly where you are going. It also has lane assist, which guides you into the correct lane to reach your destination.
- Coming from a brand with a 30-year history, this is a fully-featured GPS system for trucks and buses
- 480 x 272-pixel touchscreen display means it is easy to navigate, with a large touchscreen that is easy to read at a glance
- Dezl 580LMT-D is a rugged and durable device that has been built to withstand the rigors of life on the road for professional drivers
- Fitted with a 4.3” WVGA touchscreen for easy operation
- Preloaded with the unique TomTom Trucker, Truck and Van Routing to help you get to your destination faster
- Up to 2 hours of battery life, so you’re always good to go
- 5-megapixel camera with auto-capture to make sure you’re always on the road
- TomTom Traffic for all your route planning needs
- Professional GPS for professional drivers
Aguri TX740 PRO Truck Sat Nav
When it comes to truck sat navs, you can’t do better than Aguri TX740 PRO. It gives you the ability to find any location in the world, complete with road traffic information & speed cameras.
This GPS system is a DIN-mount device so it is easy to install on the dashboard of your truck.
It has a 7-inch display with clear, colorful maps that allow you to clearly see what’s ahead of you. It also offers lane guidance to help you navigate complex motorway junctions and exit slip roads.
The route planner lets you enter your destination before you start driving, so it can plan the quickest, most efficient route for your journey before you’ve even started.
- Get to your destination quicker
- Stay out of trouble and avoid low bridges, weight and width restrictions plus 1000’s of other hazards including bad weather
- Works with your mobile, sat nav, or tablet and offers live traffic updates
- Keeps you connected with live traffic updates
- Detailed map updates every 6 weeks
- Lifetime map updates
Snooper S6900 Truckmate Truck Sat Nav
Snooper S6900 is the ultimate solution for any driver who wants to stay safe on the road. It has a 12.1″ screen with large buttons, so you can easily navigate through all of its functions.
The clear display makes it easy to read maps even in bright sunlight, and it also has built-in Bluetooth functionality to keep your hands free while driving.
This GPS system is suitable for trucks and multiple-stop journeys such as long haulage. High-quality 7-inch touch screen, preloaded with UK and ROI maps. At this price, this is a real bargain!
- Recommended by top industry professionals for its superior navigation and routing
- Built for 24-hour use and can be accessed from any computer or smartphone
- User-friendly, with a large touchscreen and voice-guided turn-by-turn directions
- Can be purchased with a 12-month warranty for peace of mind
- Comes with a full user manual, with a step-by-step guide on how to use the unit
- Delivered with a full user manual, with a step-by-step guide on how to use the device
- With 20 preset destinations as standard, as well as a total of 16 destinations, the device allows the user to store a variety of destinations
- Can be purchased with a 12-month warranty for peace of mind
How To Download Truck Sat Nav Map
There are numerous methods to download the truck sat nav map. However, the method primarily depends on the devices being used to download the map.
If you are using a Windows-based computer, you can easily download the map.
You can make use of the internet to download the map by visiting the website of the map manufacturer. You will have to enter your registration number, and product number and make sure your login ID is correct.
The website will generate a product key for you. Now, you can download the map. You can also make use of disk 1 to install the map to your unit. You can also download the map through CD-ROM.
How do you use the truck sat nav map?
Sat nav has become a standard setup for truckers, so it pays for you to learn how to use its map to your advantage.
With the appropriate software, you can enter the parameters of the loads you’re carrying and the delivery address, and the sat nav system will plan the fastest route.